Coconut Chicken Casserole
You know how sometimes you make a recipe and think “That was amazing, I can’t wait to make that again” ? Then you forget about it, the piece of paper you write it on disappears, and the recipe is never created again?
This is one of those recipes.
I only remembered it because I ran across the pictures I took of it for the blog! It was so good, I had to share. The next step was to dig through my recipe binders to figure out what I did with the scrap of paper I wrote it on.
Couldn’t find it.
So now what? Hmmmm…… Google the ingredients to see if I could find a similar recipe (I had a picture of the ingredients after all).
Success! Thank you, Martha. Seems whoever I stole this recipe from, stole if from Martha originally! So, for Martha’s version of the recipe, visit here.
Here’s what you need:
- 3 pounds of chicken ( I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs, but any would do)
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups of veggie stock (original calls for chicken, but I had veggie on hand)
- 3 tsp of thai red curry paste (original says 1 to 2 and I’m NOT a fan of spicy food, but 2 wasn’t enough)
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- 2 red peppers cut into 3 inch pieces
- 12 ounce or so of green beans cut into 3 inch pieces(original calls for 8 but 12 was perfect). You could use frozen if that’s what you have on hand
- salt and pepper to taste
Here’s how you put it all together:
You can do this in a dutch oven if you have one, or if you don’t have one, cook this in a large pot.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes, and then transfer to a plate.
- Next, add coconut milk, broth, 1/2 cup of water and 3 tsp of curry paste (you can add more later if you don’t find it spicy enough). Bring to a boil, stir in 1 cup of jasmine rice. At this stage if place the chicken back on top of the casserole and pour any juices from the chicken on top, put the lid on and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Put your bell peppers and green beans on top of the chicken, replace the lid, cook for about 12 more minutes.
- It’s that easy. And OH SO tasty.
Impossible to lose the recipe once you’ve blogged it! Try it – you will thank me!