Summer Bucket List
Every summer I come up with a list of things I’d like to accomplish, and every summer I end up disappointed at how little I actually got done. The list usually includes things like “paint the bathroom” and “lose 30 pounds” and “go camping for a week” (I want to like camping, I really do…) – all reasonable, concrete goals. This summer I took a bit of a different approach. I managed to get all of July and August off, and really wanted to focus on spending the time being happy.
Happy? I know, seems so simple. Who has to focus on being happy?? Well, THIS GIRL. It’s so easy to just get wrapped up in working, cleaning, LIVING, that you forget to be happy. So, with that in mind, this is my summer bucket list:
- Read. Every single day. Only books I enjoy.
- Watch the sunset at least once.
- Watch the sunrise at least once.
- Play more Scrabble with Meegs
- Sit under the apple tree and read with Meegs as often as possible.
- Watch the blue moon rise.
- Watch the stars and identify constellations.
- Bird watch.
- Pick blackberries and make some jam with Meegs.
- Spend some time at the beach. Reading. Playing cards. Swimming.
- Spend time around the campfire (thanks a lot, fire ban!)
- Take a day and hang out in our PJs, watching girly movies and generally having fun.
- Go for a long drive into the middle of nowhere and have a picnic (We might just do this on Meeghan’s birthday next Saturday.)
This might seem a disappointing “bucket list” to those who prefer the kind that involve sky diving and swimming with sharks, but it’s really just perfect in my eyes. Most of these can already be checked off, and the few that remain will be complete before I head back to work and Meegs to school.